Prep time – 20mins
Cooking time – 20mins
Serves – 1
|Chicken thigh fillet, raw sliced - 1||120g||20||5||0|
|Garlic - 1 clove||1||0||0||0|
|Olive oil, virgin cold pressed - 2 teaspoons||10ml||0||9||0|
|Water - 1.5 cups||400ml||0||0||0|
|Green beans or bean shoots - 1 handful||60g||1||0||3|
|Rice noodles, 30g dry - 1/2 cup cooked||1/2 cup||1||0||12|
|Asian greens - 1 handful||30g||1||0||1|
|White miso (or brown if preferred) - 1 tablespoon||15g||1||0||1|
|Total per serve||24g||14g||17|
SERVES – 1
per Serve – main ingredients only: 290 cal / 1200 kJ
for a ketogenic diet: use konjac noodles instead
Preparing the Soup
– Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic and then the sliced chicken pieces.
– Stir to sear the chicken then add the water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
– Next add the dry rice noodles (and beans if using) and simmer until noodles are tender.
– Add the asian greens to blanch towards the end (and the bean shoots if using those).
– If using noodles that are already cooked, add them towards the end to heat through.
Add the miso to a serving bowl and tip a little of the soup broth into the bowl. Mix the miso into a paste with a spoon then add the rest of the soup to the bowl and stir. Top with chilli if desired.