Prep time – 20mins
Cooking time – 25mins
Serves – 16
|Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate||175g||19||93.5||22|
|Butter - 90g||90g||0||73||0|
|Eggs, medium size - 3||3||21||18||2|
|Erythritol - 2/3 cup||130g||0||0||0|
|Almond meal - 1/2 cup||50g||10.5||25||4.5|
|Orange juice - 1.5 tablespoons||30ml||0||0||3|
|Zest from organic orange||n/a||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||1||3g||13g||2|
Serves – 16
per Serve – main ingredients: 145 cal / 600 kJ
All credit for this recipe goes to Patricia Daly from her book ‘The Ketogenic Kitchen’ (by Domini Kemp and Patricia Daly).
For those sensitive to erythritol try replacing it with stevia. I alter the recipe to 60g of erythritol and 1/4 teaspoon of pure stevia powder and it works just fine.
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees c. Line a 23cm baking dish with non-stick paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small pan over low heat, then remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, erythritol, ground almonds, orange juice and zest together in a separate bowl and mix well.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled slightly, add it to the egg mixture.
- Pour mix into the prepared pan, cover with foil (or an oven proof saucepan lid) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn off oven, remove the foil and leave in oven for another 5 minutes to set the top.
- Allow to cool then slice into 16 pieces. Store in the fridge. Also freezes well