Jet Ski Licence
Jet Ski – Personal WaterCraft (PWC) Licence
You couldn’t be in better hands than with Licence to Boats, QLD BoatSafe approved Recreational Boat (RMDL) and Jet Ski (PWC) Licence courses in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.
We offer a friendly, comprehensive, and convenient method to complete your licence training by following our step by step process. Our goal is to get you and your family, safely out on the water for years to come!
What’s included in your course:
- 1x PWC training session. (45mins -1h per student)
- 1x theory exam session. (2 attempts to achieve 100% allowed per day)
- BoatSafe assessments $100 extra payable on the day.
*If unsuccessful on your first assessment attempt we will provide 30 minutes of additional one on one training and another assessment for free at a later date.
Our simple step-by-step system helps you through the requirements needed for your licence.
- Simple to follow step-by-step online theory.
- Practical and Theory training and assessment can be completed in one day
- Safe, fun and exciting boat.
- Small course sizes, Max 4(groups by arrangement).
- More time on the water and less in the classroom! (That’s got to be good!)
- Start your course today, have your licence tomorrow!
Practical Assessment –
Personal WaterCraft Licence
- You MUST already have an RMDL Boat Licence to take this course. If you don’t already have a boat licence you should take our Combined Course.
This course covers theory and practical elements including the following units:
- equipment and preparing a personal watercraft (PWC) for
- legislative requirements
- maneuvering a personal watercraft.
This course may be completed as a separate course (for existing marine licence holders) or done in conjunction with the recreational boat licence BoatSafe course.
For a typical PWC course it will include:
- online or face-to-face theory training
multiple choice theory assessment (45mins to complete)
100% pass mark
- practical training driving the PWC (until you are competent
in all tasks)
- practical assessment – you must successfully complete all
tasks to be deemed competent
As we do with the boat training, we encourage you to practice riding a PWC with another licenced skipper or with a BoatSafe Trainer – you may not be competent in riding a PWC in just a few hours.
Some of the activities you should practice for both the PWC and Boat are:
- man overboard drill
- safely approach a floating object
- port and starboard turn on and off the plane
- figure 8 manoeuvre on and off the plane
- berthing and unberthing
- general navigation and control of the ship/PWC
- operate at 6 knots or less.
Practical Training and Assessment must be completed within 3 months of finishing your online theory course.
Please note: we cannot guarantee a pass on the day, and in some cases further training will be required before attempting and/or passing assessments.
Once competent we will issue you with a statement of competency, This must be presented to Transport and Main Roads Queensland (TMR) within 6 months, you then pay their fee to receive your licence.
Please note: The statement of competency is not a licence, it must be taken to TMR within 6 months to gain your licence.
- Photo I.D.
- Swimmers and a towel
- Drinking water