Prep time – 20mins
Cooking time – 20mins
Serves – 2
|Zucchini, grated - 2 x small - medium||200g||2.5||1||4|
|Spring onion, sliced - 1 medium stalk||25g||0.5||0||1.5|
|Olive, Coconut Oil or Butter - 2 tablespoons||40ml||0||40||0|
|Almond meal - 1/3 cup||35g||7.5||17.5||3|
|Eggs, beaten - 2 medium||2||14||12||1|
|Salt and pepper to taste||n/a||0||0||0|
|Total per serve||1||12g||35g||5g|
Serves – 2
per Serve – main ingredients only: 380 cal / 1600 kJ
These Zucchini Fritters make a great meal, or even a snack. Suitable for Ketogenic, low FODMAP and gluten free diets.. or just because they taste good!
• Using a tea towel, squeeze out the water from the grated zucchini.
• Add 1/2 tablespoon of the oil or butter to a skillet and saute the spring onion.
• Add the eggs, zucchini, spring onions, almond meal and seasoning to a bowl and combine.
• Heat the remaining butter/oil in the same skillet over medium high heat. Divide the zucchini mixture into 4 patties and fry 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
• Serve hot with salad or steamed vegetables. Will also keep in the fridge for a few days to reheat as a quick meal.